Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Virus (Character Notes, OOC Discussion, etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I might be a bit slow to respond in the RP for a while. I'm having trouble with Libreoffice (it's locking up on me, which somehow isn't registering as "Not Responding"), which I've been using to write my RP posts.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

It started doing that once to me too. I was able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's worked fine for me ever since.
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Done, and... hasn't helped much. Might be something with my laptop; it's getting old now.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

You might want to give the new Apache Openoffice. It might be a bit more stable than Libreoffice.
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
            You might want to give the new Apache Openoffice. It might be a bit more stable than Libreoffice.
            You got a link for downloading this, birdy? I think I might be interested in giving it a try, myself.
            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Sure, no problem!

Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Silly me for not including it the first time.
              Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Posted, anything you want me to change?

Comment

You're doing just fine. Just keep doing what you're doing. You're playing your character great, even.
                  Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Is it me or is this forum kind of deserted?

Comment

This board is really kinda niche. It's a nice community, but there aren't many of us.
                      Arratra's Signature
                      Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Yeah, what Arratra said. But the more people that get involved and stick around, like you are, the better we'll be. Then people will see stuff going on and want to join in.

Oh, and Arratra, in the US Walmart does have a gun section. Might not be that way in Australia, though. Could be one of those things Adrian finds hard to believe.

I'll post when I get up in the morning.
                        Daryn's Signature

Comment

Walmart does sell ammo actually, There's a gun section.

Comment

Though I'm sure most of the stuff would be stipped off the shelves, because during an apacolypse people usually rob stores.

Comment

Well, read up near the beginnings of the roleplay. Stuff had happened just all to fast. People were given little warning. The virus swept through the world's population like a tidal wave.

Also, while Walmart does sell guns and ammo, what they sell is very limited.

A line of low-caber rifles and some shotguns. Mostly the kind of guns one associates with what a dad would buy their son, or for just general hunting and plinking.

As to ammunition, for years, Walmart has made a point of stocking very little of it. They kind of bent under the Obama administration in that regard. So no, one will not find much of that sort of stuff in Walmart.
                              Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Little short on my part this time around. Couldn't think of much to do at the moment @_@

Comment

Posted, I do good?

Comment

Not sure my post is up to my usual standards, but my muse just didn't want to cooperate. I hope it's enough.
                                    Arratra's Signature
                                    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Wow, didn't know you were going to kill someone off
                                      That was pretty dark, now I'm kind of worried for Ember
                                      Last edited by EmberKamura; 4 days ago. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Just play your character, man. You'll be fine, just be aware of the situation your character is in and the fact everyone's in danger in this world. Akio was a cool character, for sure, but he was an NPC, after all.
                                        Daryn's Signature

Comment

Yeah, Akio was just sort of a guide for everyone into how the world worked for a while. That and I was able to use him to demonstrate how dangerous the world is.

But as to killing off player-characters, that is something I don't do. At least not without very good reason. And I mean very good reason.

That said, it is time for everyone to move forward now. You have a horse that needs convalescing and fuel to get back to SubTropilis. There's yet lots more to do.
                                          Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Working...
                                          X