No announcement yet.

Insatiable Curiosity OOC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be doing my best to catch up to everyone tomorrow. Day off tomorrow (pant pant pant!). So, yeah, like, I've been getting serious loads out of work. 500+ mile days every day pretty much. So much so, that I am forced to take tomorrow off for want of runnable hours.

So yeah, that said, look for a post from me on the morrow, and I'll do my best to catch everyone up with it as I can.
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
    Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Sorry for the delay in my posting. Needed to sort out what I wanted to say. Plus I've had a lot going on here. Expect a post tomorrow.
      Daryn's Signature

Comment

My apologies, I'd meant to get something up tonight and failed to do so (having about 5 conversations at once, each on a different IM service. The perils of the modern age!)

I'll try to get a response up very soon. In particular I'm conscious that Cru can't post again until I do. I'll get on it as soon as I can, pinkie promise!
        SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

I'll be posting tomorrow. Really wanted to do it today but things got too hectic. I'm also recording in a bit. I definitely want to get a post in before E3 starts.
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

I think I should wait for Sohdakin to post now in all fairness, we rapid fired a few posts in close succesion already. So we should introduce the dragon to the conversation, as we all know, everything is 200% more awesome with dragons! Don't you agree?
            Terrapun's Signature
            "A smart machine will first consider which is more worth its while: to perform the given task or, instead, to figure some way out of it."
            Stanisław Lem "The Futurological Congress"

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
            xkcd

Comment

Originally posted by Terrapun View Post
              I think I should wait for Sohdakin to post now in all fairness, we rapid fired a few posts in close succesion already. So we should introduce the dragon to the conversation, as we all know, everything is 200% more awesome with dragons! Don't you agree?
              Agreed. More dragons.
              Dusty's Signature
              IC Character Sheet

Comment

Mmmm, Dragons!

I will be posting tonight, there be a Dragon comin!
                Sohdakin's Signature
                Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
                Battle Dress Assault Commander
                Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Comment

Hey, apologies for the lack of post from me recently - I've been mulling over how to respond in each incident. I think I now have Vic's response down, but just finishing up Haheen's. Will aim to post either tonight or early tomorrow!
                  SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Hey, Daryn, I've not written Haheen getting to your quarters, but unless Rick indicates otherwise, just presume he goes there straight after my last post - you don't need to wait for me confirming that (which I think is safer considering my slow writing speed at the moment!)
                    SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Gotcha Slice. I'll keep that in mind as I make my next post to set you up.
                      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Note on my last couple of posts:

Neither Victorious or Kel have been killed. Both have been seriously injured, however. Victorious will be in a coma for a while, and Kel will be suffering from a concussion for a while.

End note.
                        Rick Canaan's Signature
                        Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

If that is the case... then I'll play Kel when she has be noted as "conscious." (:/

Comment

Originally posted by Crusadra View Post
                            If that is the case... then I'll play Kel when she has be noted as "conscious." (:/
                            It is the case.

You may ask the other players in the roleplay. They've learned to play their characters very carefully. I am a GM who is running a no-holds-barred campaign. Else, if it makes you feel any better, Daryn got waylayed, badly, near the very early parts of the roleplay. And Daryn is my best friend.

He got struck from behind and was held captive so the bad guys could use him as a distraction while the rest of their lot got on with their dastardly deeds. Daryn wound up losing his wings over the ordeal, too.

The thing to do is not take things in this roleplay personally. You're running a character in a story, where extraordinary events are unfolding. There is going to be danger, and real danger of characters dying. Yes, dying - which means if a player wants to go on with the roleplay, they'll need to make a new character.

If players want their characters to survive, they're going to need to play their characters smartly. Else, getting hurt or maybe even killed is likely to be a very real consequence.

But no worries. You'll wake up in a few posts in medical. Thankfully, for you, there was no permanent damage. Yanktee was able to get there in time.
                            Rick Canaan's Signature
                            Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

My snide sarcasm aside, what of weapons and armor? IS there a set weapon or armor to use? The only reason I ask is due to the very wide variety of planets and cultures involved. Due to this, weaponry and armor should be relatively varied and unique to each race. That being said, I don't think weapons or armor would be restricted race-to-race. Just my thoughts on the manner, but of course, I understand that there is the fact that some larger races can carry larger weapons as well as wear thicker and heavier armor.

I'm just trying to set up a "Long/End Game" set up for later play once Kel has properly become situated as well as how very general the roleplay is and the only example being provided was "Shadowrunner level tech but in space and with furries."

Comment

If you look in Rick's signature he's got a link to a post that goes over a lot of this. There is some variance between races, but in general there's a few types of weapons aboard ship. It's also something that's evolving. Personal armor is something that isn't strictly laid out. So far I've got my suit, and Terrapun has his Ladybug armor. I think Dusty has his own take on it as well. They all share one thing in common though, they're not completely invulnerable.

Definitely something to think on and flesh out.
                                Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
                                X