Insatiable Curiosity OOC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys.
    I am physically fine but mentally I will be making quite a big and hard step in the near future (like next week or so) and it will be a direct confrontation of my general and social anxiety disorders which comes with a possibility of breakdowns, paranoia and nightmares. Hurray...

As for the RP. I think I will keep writing for IC (sorry bout the flipflopping Rick) but not Orbona.

Why not? Well I find that Orbona needed a few more minutes in the oven. I feel the scale of the ring itself is off, the tech needs to be reviewed, the rules need to be a bit stricter in some places, looser in others. The time difference between Terra and the Ring needs revision as well as the planned difference I had for the races between Terra and the ring.

I need to find a better way to let people explore a seemingly post apocalyptic world (or undergoing apocalypse) that doesn't mean having to sloooowly check room by room for danger but also not me just grabbing people and pulling them along a lead...

So, I shall continue writing for Valence after reading up on where we are again. I have kept up but I kinda lost where Curio is atm.

Orbona will be back... but better! And deadlier...
    Miqu's Signature
    Curio Valence Character Sheet

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

Good to hear you are doing fine. Hope your new upcoming adventure goes well for you!
      Sohdakin's Signature
      Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
      Battle Dress Assault Commander
      Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Comment

Well, flip-flopping or not, it gladdens me to know you're going to at least try to stick with it. If ever you need a break, as I did with Dusty, I can take your character over for short intervals if you need some time away from the writing.

As to Orbana, I think perhaps you might be selling yourself a bit short on it. And maybe us, too. We would have been more than willing to work with you in adjusting the story as your ideas for it gelled as time went on. It was a great idea, and still is, and it has a lot of potential. That being said, there would be nothing wrong at all, if you said to us, 'Hey guys. This idea isn't working so well. I am going to change it, and this is what I have in mind. I'd like for everyone to play it this way now going forward.'. I for one, would have been more than happy to nod my head and say alright, we are playing it this way now.

Also, we all realize that it was an idea that you were just starting to flesh out. Knowing that, we all knew that there would probably be some changes made going forward. It is how any good roleplay goes. It is often, in my experience, how the best roleplays go. So think it over. If you'd like to try to continue Orbana as is, and start sneaking in these changes where you think you need to, I for one will be more than happy to take on these changes and have my character accept them as just how the world always was. I believe this probably holds true for all of the rest of your players in it, too.

Rick Canaan's Signature
        Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
        Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Hey Miqu, best of luck with everything, and I definitely echo the above! Hope to see you posting again at some point, but no pressure, do so in your own time

Also, my apologies, I didn't realise people were waiting on me! I'm still partly in holiday mode, to be honest (despite having been back at work since the 27th), but I'll be shaking myself out of it soon. I'll catch up and reply over the next 20 minutes.
          SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Fun fact: the individual who Haheen was going to send the message to changed half way through me writing my post. I shall let you speculate who was almost roped in to his little storyline.

SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

I'll say one thing; it is nice to have such smart players. You'll see why Haheen's decision to ask for backup was so important in my upcoming posts.
              Rick Canaan's Signature
              Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

It was hard for me to write this recent post for whatever reason. I guess I got mighty rusty by all this inaction.
                Terrapun's Signature
                "A smart machine will first consider which is more worth its while: to perform the given task or, instead, to figure some way out of it."
                Stanisław Lem "The Futurological Congress"

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
                xkcd

Comment

Originally posted by Terrapun View Post
                  It was hard for me to write this recent post for whatever reason. I guess I got mighty rusty by all this inaction.
                  But clearly you have it back. That post was ... o.o. good!
                  Rick Canaan's Signature
                  Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
                    But clearly you have it back. That post was ... o.o. good!

I'm going to second that. Great one, Terrapun!
                    Daryn's Signature

Comment

I third that I'm still trying to get in the groove xD
                      Dusty's Signature
                      IC Character Sheet

Comment

Speaking of great posts, that was a solid one Rick.

And I'm sorry, but I have to do this.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

You may now continue your day.
                        Miqu's Signature
                        Curio Valence Character Sheet

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

Thanks! Folks here put a lot of effort in those RP posts, I'm glad that you do not feel my posts are not lacking in quality in comparison.
                          Terrapun's Signature
                          "A smart machine will first consider which is more worth its while: to perform the given task or, instead, to figure some way out of it."
                          Stanisław Lem "The Futurological Congress"

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
                          xkcd

Comment

Well, hehe, everyone is getting a little closer to what is actually going on. Stick with it. I think you guys are all in for fun surprises.
                            Rick Canaan's Signature
                            Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

That was a great post Rick! I'm going to try to get a post up tomorrow too. I'm not feeling so good right now, I think I'm coming down with something.
                              Daryn's Signature

Comment

Thanks a lot, guys.

Also, Sohdakin, can we expect a post from you soon? I'm going to need one from you before I can move forward with Jaquoi.
                                Rick Canaan's Signature
                                Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Working...
                                X