No announcement yet.

Insatiable Curiosity OOC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, that certainly does sound like an interesting change of pace. As you say, not really fitting for the moment, but something to bear in mind (as are the points raised by the two above. I'd probably have made Haheen smaller if I'd have known he'd be so outmatched in the tiny department by others already on board!)
    SliceOfDog's Signature
    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

On another note, I'm going to be home on days off the middle of this week. If everybody could get their posts in by then, I'll love you dearly for it.
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Comment

Writing up my post now. Sorry for being late. I had trouble collecting my thoughts, but I cannot tarry any longer, so It'll be as it'll be. (Writer's block loves me lately.)
        Terrapun's Signature
        "A smart machine will first consider which is more worth its while: to perform the given task or, instead, to figure some way out of it."
        Stanisław Lem "The Futurological Congress"

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
        xkcd

Comment

Sorry about my inactivity this weekend, guys. I've been, and still am feeling really sick.
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Gah, really sorry to hear that Daryn! Wasn't it your birthday recently, too? Rotten luck being sick over your birthday period

I wish you a very speedy recovery!
            SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Damn. I completely forgot your birthday, Daryn. I even had it marked on my calendar and everything. My apologies for that. I just got too caught up in a big project here at home.

So happy belated. And here's to hoping you get to feeling better soon, too!
              Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

I want to second Rick and Slice, Happy belated Birthday Daryn sorry I couldn't be more punctual and I hope your recovery is quick. I was down with the maybe-flu most of last week so I know how it feels

That said, I hope to have a post up this evening and I'll be trying to get Garran a little more involved in the conversation, and hopefully stop having him sigh so much
                Dusty's Signature
                IC Character Sheet

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the well-wishes. I don't know how much of this I have left, but I hope it passes soon. Getting sick on my birthday does really suck, but oh well, it happens. Not much to do but grit my beak and bear it.
                  Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm dreadfully sorry for my absence as of late. I know I'm not much when it comes to the major plot elements, but I still feel I should say something. I intend to post as soon as I possibly can, as Dr. Fordis has some work he desperately needs to get done. Work has been throwing my schedule all over the place and it leaves very little time to focus, but thankfully things are looking up.

And happy belated birthday, Daryn!

Comment

Boy, bad weekend it seems. Much ... Veel beterschap! (literally much betterment) from the dutchie to all feeling bad and happy belated birthday to our local bird!
                      Miqu's Signature
                      Curio Valence Character Sheet

Curio Valance Backstory

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

This leaves only you, Sohdakin. Are you going to be writing your post pretty soon? Everybody but you has posted now, some of us wrting more than one.

I really do wish that you would get into the habit of writing with the frequency of everyone else.
                        Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Hey everyone. I've decided to re-enter this with a new character. I'll be looking for an opening, but I'm ready to go whenever one becomes available.

Say hello to Leon Stormstrider.

:::

Name: Leon Stormstrider
                          Species: Utahraptor
                          Homeworld: Stravix
                          Height: 244 cm (~8’)
                          Weight: 135 kg (~297.5 lbs)

Appearance: A tall, lean Utahraptor anthromorph, with black scales and a tan-coloured front, with a small plume of tan feathers on his chest, a crest of bright, vivid blue display feathers on the back of his head, each tricep, and on the end of his tail. He also has powerful, digitigrade legs that end splayed feet, with the inner toes ending in a brutal scythe claw. This structure requires that his footwear be custom made, and preferably open-toed.
                          He usually wears an Insatiable Curiosity Marines uniform, but when off-duty or on leave, his favoured attire includes a blue jacket worn open over a white shirt, with either jeans or slacks.

Bio: Born and raised on the colony world of Stravix, Leon was taught to hunt and survive in the wilderness from a young age.
                          He would put this to good use when he enlisted as a League Marine, where he served a tour of duty hunting down pirates, before turning down an offer to join the special forces. He spent a brief stint as a bounty-hunter, before being picked up by the Insatiable Curiosity shortly after it began operations.
                          He worked his way up the ranks, and now leads Captain Rick Canaan’s personal retinue.

Skills: Leon is a fully-trained rifleman, and his experience with hunting rifles and other longarms makes him a highly effective marksman. He is also an accomplished archer, and martial artist (a black-belt in a raptor claw-fighting style), the latter enough so that he was considered his squad’s CQB expert. He is currently working on his mastery of a second martial art; swordsmanship.

Personal effects: Leon owns a padded practice blade the size, weight, and shape of an arming sword, as well as a high-quality compound bow (with related paraphernalia), a swagger stick (a gift from his squad upon his discharge), and a collection of vehicle and mecha models.
                          Arratra's Signature
                          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Good deal, Arratra! And welcome back!

On that note, your rank is Marine 'Captain', and as you've said, you're the leader/coordinator for Captain Canaan's personal guard. I'll make an opening for you with my next post.

And it will be very nice to have you back. I've missed your imaginative posting style a lot.
                            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Sounds good, and nice to see you posting again Arratra!

As for my own post, I'll be getting one up today. Might be a little while, yet, because I'm busy for most of the afternoon, but it will definitely be today.
                              SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Hey, everybody.

I want to express a couple of things that have been on my mind about the roleplay lately. The chief among these is anxiety.

I feel a lot of anxiety when I write posts that go unanswered by some of my players for long periods of time. Had I written something that confused some of my players? Was something I wrote off-putting to them? And worst of all, am I losing some of my players' interest? Are they flip-flopping about whether or not to continue?

I know with some of you, it is leading busy lives that keeps you from posting with regular frequency. To that, though, I have to say, I am just about the busiest person I know. I work often, 70-hour weeks, keep irregular sleep schedules. Yet, I am able to get in often, a good half a dozen posts almost every week.

I think I have finally gotten the roleplay down to players who are interested in where the roleplay is going, and in their parts in it. Who want to see where all of this is going to eventually go. I do have a story in mind, too, one that I hope everyone will find engaging, and hopefully even entertaining. But in order for me to get everyone there, I need participation. I need involvement from all of my players. I need to be able to know where my players stand, and just as importantly, where my players' characters stand.

I would like to start seeing a lot more posting frequency from everyone in the roleplay.

I love to write. It is probably my very first passion. You all won't be able to overwhelm me. If anything, the more you write, the more I'll be able to write, and all the happier I'll be made for it.

On perhaps this note, I have decided to remove Sohdakin from the roleplay. I'm sorry, Sohdakin, but your insistence upon making everybody wait two weeks or more between all of your posts, was just making it too hard. Then add in you not keeping up with what was going on, only made it all more frustrating.

I am also removing Crusadra from the roleplay.

I am sorry, Crusadra. I thought your character may have had a lot of potential, but you haven't been posting at all, recently. And when you did post, it pains me to say, you didn't seem overly interested in putting your character forward into the story.

I really do want to see more frequent posting from everybody. There is always time. I always find it. Even if sometimes I have to sit down and make it, to be able to write a post. This roleplay has taken on a life of its own. One, I like to think, has a lot of potential for enjoyment for everybody. But for that life to go on, it needs participation. I am the heart of the roleplay, the one who perhaps gives it life. But it is you who are its meat, blood and bones. Without you, it cannot be. It needs you. I need you. Please try to do your best to bring your participation up the level and engagement that can ensure this life, and then will propel it forward into what it can ultimately become.
                                Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Working...
                                X