Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good. It's what I do.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I've got a couple of hours before I have to check in for my appointment at my shipper, so...
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Oh and one thing...

Those cash coins Rick gave Garran are like pre-paid debit cards. They're non-traceable. At least the ones that are used on the IC are; Rick has them funded through so many shell corporations and stuff that maybe even the AI would take weeks to trace them!

Just letting everyone know, to heh, preclude any arguments about how pre-paid stuff works. In this case, call it ICRP magic if you want, but the coins are untraceable. :p
        Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

After that last post, I'm going to try to get mine in tomorrow. Do I put it in the current thread or did you want to start one for the mission?
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

We'll just keep it in the current thread. Everybody in the roleplay is on the mission, so it doesn't make much sense to start a new thread for it.
            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Update! Things are looking significantly better on my end. Mother-in-law is back home, and things are looking up! I'll be posting again.

Comment

Great to hear! That's excellent, Brutus, and I look forward to seeing you around again

Comment

Oh, one thing, Lawliet: Fordis and the Captain aren't going on the mission. Rick is now on the bridge and Fordis is presumably with him. Rick was just there with the others to see them off.
                  Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

The coins simply use non-static security and authentication keys so they become impossible to trace, crack or claim by anything other than the two parties involved. The buyer and the seller. Each coin represents a random cluster of data (currency) on a random server in league space that then represents actual silver backing on another random bank's vault. The key used changes every second and only becomes static if the coin is ever used to claim the silver backing (whatever that may be in the IC universe) at which point it becomes blank and ready for reuse.

Mini debit cards basically

Also sorry I was a lil silent, but back now!
                    Miqu's Signature
                    Curio Valence Character Sheet

Curio Valance Backstory

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

Hey guys. I wanted to clear something up. Rick was confused about the sunglasses I was wearing, and I thought that some of you guys might have been as well. What I'm wearing aren'tlike sunglasses that people would wear. Not raybans or anything like that. They're pretty much just like swimmer's goggles. They're not cool looking or anything like that, they're just functional. Something that a bird worried about going out in the wild would wear to make sure nothing got in his eyes.

Sorry about the confusion. I really should have explained that better.
                      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Miqu View Post
                        The coins simply use non-static security and authentication keys so they become impossible to trace, crack or claim by anything other than the two parties involved. The buyer and the seller. Each coin represents a random cluster of data (currency) on a random server in league space that then represents actual silver backing on another random bank's vault. The key used changes every second and only becomes static if the coin is ever used to claim the silver backing (whatever that may be in the IC universe) at which point it becomes blank and ready for reuse.

Mini debit cards basically

Also sorry I was a lil silent, but back now!
                        Brilliant stuff, Miqu! Thanks for clearing that up! It explains ICRP magic perfectly!

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
                        Rick was confused about...
                        That tends to be my usual state of awareness, yes.
                        Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
                          That tends to be my usual state of awareness, yes.
                          Well, I didn't explain it too well. I had a mental picture of how he looked, but it's sometimes hard for me to put that into words.
                          Daryn's Signature

Comment

Hey guys I had to run out of town for the weekend I'll try to have a post tomarrow!
                            Dusty's Signature
                            IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                              Hey guys I had to run out of town for the weekend
                              Oh dear! What did you do to get yourself run out of town?! Have you been making monsters by sewing dead bits of lion together and bringing it to life with a lightning bolt?

Also, while it's very nice to see people posting big posts with lots of detail, would I be able to ask that we try not to go overboard too often with it? I'd not posted in two days, and in that time so much had been posted, it literally took me an hour to get my most recent relatively small post up. Even though I read stuff as it's posted, I still need to go back and reference the stuff I've already read. I just think it'd be easier if the posts were a tad smaller

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post

Oh dear! What did you do to get yourself run out of town?! Have you been making monsters by sewing dead bits of lion together and bringing it to life with a lightning bolt?

Also, while it's very nice to see people posting big posts with lots of detail, would I be able to ask that we try not to go overboard too often with it? I'd not posted in two days, and in that time so much had been posted, it literally took me an hour to get my most recent relatively small post up. Even though I read stuff as it's posted, I still need to go back and reference the stuff I've already read. I just think it'd be easier if the posts were a tad smaller
                                Listen I think I got a solid case that frankenlion monster creation is nonverbal speech and therefore legally protected. The mayor and LMPD seem to disagree though.
                                Dusty's Signature
                                IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
                                  Also, while it's very nice to see people posting big posts with lots of detail, would I be able to ask that we try not to go overboard too often with it?
                                  I can try? But I doubt I'll be able to write any smaller than what I do. The trouble is, is I get into a flow state when I'm writing a post. The words just pour out of me, and before I know it, I've written a 3000-word post. Moreover, if I try to abridge what I'm writing, I fear I might make a muddled mess of it. I just write what I am thinking, and just let the writing take care of itself.

As to what you're doing, Slice, I think you might be trying to be too precise. True, you get all of the essential points in all of your posts, but I also don't think it will be a big deal either, if you miss a point here or there on occasion. I can be pretty flexible, especially when I know one of my players is a busy a person as you are.

Another thing I might suggest, is instead of trying to set aside a couple of hours to make sure you get in a good, comprehensive post, one that covers both of your characters in one go, is for you to perhaps play one character one day, then the next one the next day. For instance, the part of your post with Haheen. From the size of that, I think I can guess that took you what, maybe twenty minutes to write? So, just do that part of your reply in one go, then come back and do the second part, the one with Victorious with another go. I'll do that some times, myself. It becomes especially essential for me to do it that way when I have like, three or four plot lines I'm juggling. I'll write a post one day that covers a couple of the characters, then come back later, say on the next day, and write another post that covers the remaining characters. If I didn't do it that way, I could sometimes find myself sitting and writing for four hours, and wind up writing something as long as 10,000 words.

Which I have done, more than once. But that usually only happens when I'm on a day off, or when I'm at home on a few days off. I have the time for it, then, and can really put the energy into it. When I'm working though, I am often doing good to have an hour or so before my brain starts crashing and I need to get some rest. A long day of driving, where I am having to use all of my powers on concentration, is probably a lot like you with your proof-reading. The mind is tired. So when I am in that situation, I just write what I can, covering what characters I can, with a mind to come and finish up the rest at another time - usually the next day in a lot of instances.

Something to think about, anyway. There's a lot going on this roleplay, enough so that it can easily overwhelm someone who is working for a living. The answer is to just take it in chunks and write what you can. If you can only play one character on one day, then the next another, it'll be perfectly understandable.

Also, I don't want to be outpacing my players. I know most of us work, some of us even fairly hectic schedules, and have lives outside of work that can be pretty hectic, too. Being aware of this, I am more than happy to accommodate. If I need to slow things back, or maybe even put things on pause or something, all anyone needs to do is let me know.

I am a story-telling juggernaut. I have a true passion for it. For writing, too. But that isn't to say that I am not aware of the needs and time constraints of my players. So just do what you can, and if you need to, just leave a note at the bottom of a post, explaining that you only had time to write this part, and that you'll be coming back to write the rest later, like in a day or two if you need to. I'll always be understanding and will always do my best to be accommodating.
                                  Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

I also think that part of all the stuff that's happened in the last few days in the RP was meant to just move us to the mission proper. I know I want to get going on that, and there's been a lot of prep to get here. Now that we're on the station though, I don't think Rick is going to have to skip things forward so much.
                                    Daryn's Signature

Comment

I need some clarification, have we split into two groups yet? Or are we all meeting with Treelazer now?
                                      Dusty's Signature
                                      IC Character Sheet

Comment

You're still in the docking complex, as a single group. We've just been waiting for your post.
                                        Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Thanks Rick, I appreciate the comments and suggestions. I'll have a think about that next time if I feel I need it

Comment

Working...
                                          X