This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XAP Episode 2

The Xeno-Anthros Podcast (XAP) is SciFiFur.net's official podcast, hosted by SliceOfDog and contributed to by a variety of personalities from the SciFiFur.net community.

This is (the long overdue) episode two, which you can listen to here; Link

A run-down of the show is as follows, so if you're short on time you can skip to the bits you most want to hear;
    0.00 - Intro and site news
    4.15 - Feature Musician, RhubarbCub
    8.48 - Song 1
    11.43 - Odin's comic section (Repeat from Capsule 2.2)
    26.54 - Adonisus' review of Atlas Shrugged
    33.54 - Song 2
    36.05 - Interview with Daryn (Repeat from Capsule 2.1)
    47.00 - Song 3
    50.07 - The Insatiable Curiosity - A story by Rick Canaan
    66.41 - Outro

Related Links:

RhubarbCub on FurAffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rhubarbcub/
    Julie Bunny blog: http://rhubarbcub.xanga.com/
    Julie Bunny on Facebook: Julie Bunny Must Die! - Home | Facebook

General information on XAP and how to contribute can be found here:

SciFiFur.net Community Forums

Re: XAP Episode 2

I must say, my writing sounds soooooo much more eloquent with that accent than if I had read it (curse this country drawl of mine).

Yeah, for those of you who are curious, that isn't actually me reading my review of Atlas Shrugged. I unfortunantly don't have the equipment for it, and frankly my southern accent would have probably ruined it anyway. XD
    Adonisus's Signature
    Co-host and Stuttering Hayseed of The Day 0 Update at Smashpad.com

"History repeats itself. First time as tragedy, second time as farce." - Marx

Comment

Well, even if you can't do or prefer not to do voice work for us, we would greatly appreciate if we could use more of your work on future podcasts?
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
        Well, even if you can't do or prefer not to do voice work for us, we would greatly appreciate if we could use more of your work on future podcasts?
        But of course, use all you want.

Maybe one day I can use my cellphone and have one of those interviews on the 'cast.
        Adonisus's Signature
        Co-host and Stuttering Hayseed of The Day 0 Update at Smashpad.com

"History repeats itself. First time as tragedy, second time as farce." - Marx

Comment

Slice, that was fantastic! I enjoyed the whole show, the recaps even, but the work you did on my story was fabulous! The way you integrated everybody's voices in, and just the whole, general comedic feel you gave the telling of the story was fantastic!

A job very well done, mate. Well worth the extra bit of wait it took you to get it done!
          Rick Canaan's Signature
          A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

I must say, my writing sounds soooooo much more eloquent with that accent than if I had read it (curse this country drawl of mine).
            Hah, glad you liked it Adonisus, and if it makes you feel any better, your writing sounds sooooo much more eloquent than mine does. I had to check the pronunciation of a couple words you used, and the meaning of some as well, and I tend to consider myself as having a large vocabulary, so thanks for increasing it

Slice, that was fantastic! I enjoyed the whole show, the recaps even, but the work you did on my story was fabulous! The way you integrated everybody's voices in, and just the whole, general comedic feel you gave the telling of the story was fantastic!

A job very well done, mate. Well worth the extra bit of wait it took you to get it done!
            I'm very glad to hear that Rick! It was good practice for me, and I noticed several things that I could do to improve my recordings in the future thanks to working on it (not least reading the whole thing aloud before even setting foot in the recording studio, and checking the pronunciation of any words you've never come across before. I had to dub "interstices" in yesterday because every attempt I'd made in the studio was wrong! Good job my brother bought a Blue Yeti mic a few weeks back to somewhat match the studio quality)

But yeah, your support keeps me going! Much appreciated

Comment

I just finished listening to the latest episode and man was it a fun one. It think there really is something to this that is greater than the sum of its parts. Maybe it's the fact that it's ours and I am proud of it. Whatever it is, it was a fun listen!

A couple of things though Slice, one of them was just an oversight I think. In the Atlas review there was a spot where you repeated yourself, probably you meant to edit it out and forgot. The second point was in the Story. I think I probably could've done those bits better. Oh well, next time it'll be better. The more we do these sorts of things the better we tend to get at them.

Also I have now added a player to the XAP page so you can listen to the episode straight from there. I'll see about finding a way of promoting it more on the forums themselves too.

That said, it was very enjoyable and I heartily dedicate this icecream sandwich to XAP!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ice-cream_sandwich.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	44350
              Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Thanks a lot, Daryn, and I'm glad you enjoyed it (and we don't really have any icecream sandwiches over here, so it's a welcome dedication )

My bad about repeating myself. Usually I comb through all of the files to make sure I've edited all of that out (I will listen through it once and remove all of the definitely bad bits, listen through it again and remove my least favourite takes, then finally get rid of all of the gaps, noises and double-takes left in because both were good and I wasn't sure which to use) but obviously I missed that one out. Something about listening to a 1+ hour podcast at half 2 in the morning just to listen to mistakes didn't appeal to me XD
                I'll certainly be more vigilant in the future, though. And no worries about your clips, I think they were fine.

I'm loving the Player you added though. Very swish :p
                Also, I have to gush just a little bit, because I'm very proud of it: I absolutely love the transition from Rhubarb saying "You're listening to XAP" into his song. It sounds so professional (in my humble opinion) XD

Comment

Oh hey Slice, could you edit your OP and add links for rhubarbcub's profile and music site? Somehow we forgot that bit.
                  Daryn's Signature

Comment

Right, added it now. Show Julie Bunny some love!

Comment

Working...
                    X