A revival of XAP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A revival of XAP?

I was recently kindly prodded into remembering my responsibilities to produce XAP, the forum's very own podcast. Now, it has been a while since the last episode. So long, in fact, that many members may not even be aware of it. That is because, after a few decent episodes, it eventually fell entirely to me to produce the episodes, and I am the world's greatest procrastinator. The podcasts stopped coming, and the project fell eerily silent.

Yet some people have been requesting that I start it up again, and after such a long break, now may finally be the time.

However, you will notice a question mark in the title. This thread is not to inform everyone of incoming new episodes, but to ask if anyone would like to help out in making them. I can't do this alone. So, if you're at all interested, here is what you could do:

• Write sci-fi related articles or short stories. Reviews of any sci-fi or furry material are also welcomed!
    • Lend your voice! Whether you'd want to read your own writing or whether you'd be happy voicing the work of others, more voices would bring a new life to the podcast, and prevent you all from being stuck with the likes of me!
    • Suggesting new segments for the podcast - This one's simple, just tell us what you'd like to hear. What would you enjoy listening to, and what would give you a reason to come back for the next episode? I would ask that most of you be willing to do a bit of work on any segment that you suggest, but it isn't essential, just preferred.
    • Any audio-editing skills would also be appreciated. Editing is one of the most time-consuming parts of creating the podcast, so help here would be fantastic.

That's about everything, but even simple feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, and I hope to hear back from some of you soon.

(Also, for our newer members, you can listen to the old podcasts here: SciFiFur.net Community Forums and also through the tab at the top of the page)
    SliceOfDog's Signature
    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Re: A revival of XAP?

I know I'd love to see this come back. It was a lot of fun when it was running. I really enjoyed the stories segments, and the interviews were fun as well. I may be a bit biased though, since I was one of the interviewees.
    Daryn's Signature

Commander Daryn SkyStrike
    Ascenseon - The Avian Planet

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Like last time, I wholeheartedly allow and support the use of my write-ups in the show.

As long as Slice reads them. Because his voice is like aural candy.
      Adonisus's Signature
      Co-host and Stuttering Hayseed of The Day 0 Update at Smashpad.com

"History repeats itself. First time as tragedy, second time as farce." - Marx

Comment

Like last time, I wholeheartedly allow and support the use of my write-ups in the show.

As long as Slice reads them. Because his voice is like aural candy.
        Haha, thank you! That's quite a compliment!

And yes, that's greatly appreciated. If/when XAP starts up again, I'll definitely make use of your reviews. If you like you could PM me some of your personal favourites (I believe Atlas Shrugged was the last one to be done in XAP?)
        SliceOfDog's Signature
        My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Working...
        X